After hosting Over the Edge for five years, we have made the decision to bid it a fond farewell.
Thank you so much for your past support and participation in Over the Edge for HumanKind. This special event has been a wonderful and unique part of our history. We have enjoyed five years of being inspired, witnessing friends overcome their fears, watching our community step up to help others, and knowing vital funds were raised to support the children and families in need of help throughout our region.
Over the Edge for HumanKind has been good to our organization and will forever shape our future. We look forward to taking new leaps of faith, scaling to new heights, and overcoming new fears for the greater good of the children and families we serve. Each of you has played a role – and you will forever be in our hearts full of gratitude.
As a fond farewell to Over the Edge for HumanKind – we look back on some amazing accomplishments, some favorite memories, and our deep abiding gratitude.
Thanks to everyone who made Over The Edge for HumanKind such a success over the past five years. You have left such an incredible impact on the people we serve. Here’s a look back at some of our favorite memories.
Over the Edge Photos 2016-2019
Looking for past photos of your experience at Over the Edge? Find all the Edger photos here from our amazing photography partner Jae Studios (or on Facebook here). If you are past Edger, sponsor or partner, please reach out to us for a PIN number so you can download photos to keep. Thanks for the memories!
Live Stream + Video
Looking for a live stream or video from a past Over the Edge for HumanKind event? We have saved them all and glad to help you preserve this experience. We are so proud of what you have accomplished for the community — never forget we are stronger when we work together.
We have a lot of special partners and people to thank! Without them, this event would not have been possible or as impactful in meeting the needs of our community.
- Our Building Partner Bill Bryant, Counts Realty and Auction Group. Without your unwavering support Over the Edge would not have been possible.
- Our Landing Zone partner Terrace View by the James and Repast Catering. Always provided a safe space to land and good food to comfort the nerves.
- Our Title Sponsor Karl Miller Team. You believed in the power of this event – and your whole family raised additional funds and rappelled 22 stories!
- Our Edgers. Each of you stepped up to overcome a challenge, face a fear, and prove that when we all work together – amazing things can happen. Thank you.
- Our Volunteers. You make the plan work and without you, we could not have supported our Edgers, our sponsors and give our community the best event possible. Thank you.
- Over the Edge Global. What an amazing concept to do so much good. Thank you for your support, belief in doing good and
- Our Sponsors. You make the impossible, possible. Thank you for your amazing support: Bank of the James, Berglund Toyota, Bill Bryant – Counts Realty and Auction Group, Blue Ridge Region Porche Club, Campbell Insurance, Centra, Coleman-Adams Construction, Dodson Pest Control, Edmunds & Williams, Fleet Laboratories, Genworth, Holiday Inn Downtown, Karl Miller Team, Lynchburg Fire Department, Mangham Associates, MedExpress, Piedmont Community Health Plan, Robinson Farmer Cox Associates, Repast Catering, Schewels Furniture, Scott Insurance, Woods Rogers
- Our Media Partners WSET-13 TV & WIQO Radio. WSET has been a faithful supporter, sending 11 members of the news and weather team rappelling and broadcasting live from the event each year. WIQO for sending members of their team rappelling and broadcasting early mornings live from the event.
- Our Scaffolding Partner SunBelt Rentals. Thank you for your patience, your expertise and safety cantilevering from the rooftop in downtown Lynchburg!
- Our Countless VIEWERS and SUPPORTERS. You kept us going and cheered us on from near and far. Thank you for giving, for sharing in our joy, and offering your support.