At Blackwater Counseling, our staff offers acceptance and support with therapy tailored to your unique needs. Counselors use an integrative, person-centered approach which means they put you and your strengths first, and use evidence-based therapies to meet your unique needs.
- Children / Adolescents
Common needs that we work with include:
- Stress and difficulty adjusting to life transitions
- Perinatal / Postpartum Mood and Anxiety Disorder (PMAD)
- Anger Management
- Relationship Problems
- LGBTQ+ Issues and Support
- Family / Parenting Support.
- And many others.
If you have a specific question regarding your counseling needs, please don’t hesitate to send our staff an email.
We accept the following major insurance and Medicaid payors:
- Optima Health
- Piedmont Community Health Plan
- United Healthcare / Optum
- Virginia Premier
For clients who don’t have insurance or Medicaid, we may be able to offer counseling services at a reduced rate via our sliding scale (based on your annual household income).
When filling out our referral form, simply select the self-pay option and list your annual household income.
If you have any additional questions, please contact our Office Manager below.
Yes, we respect and follow the NO SURPRISES ACT!
YOUR RIGHT TO A “GOOD FAITH ESTIMATE”
You have the right to receive a ‘Good Faith Estimate’ explaining how much your medical care may cost. Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who do not have insurance, or who are not using insurance, an estimate of the cost for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a ‘Good Faith Estimate’ for the total expected cost of any non-emergency items or services. This includes related costs like medical tests, drugs, equipment, and hospital fees.
- Your health care provider must give you a ‘Good Faith Estimate’ in writing for scheduled services within designated timeframes. You can also ask your health care provider for a ‘Good Faith Estimate’ before you schedule an item or service.
- A ‘Good Faith Estimate’ of your care will depend on your unique needs and circumstance. As you work with your provider, together you may determine that more, or fewer sessions are needed.
- A ‘Good Faith Estimate’ is not a contract and you are under no obligation to accept treatment. You may disagree with recommendations or discontinue treatment at any time.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your ‘Good Faith Estimate’, you can dispute the bill without negatively impacting your care.
For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, or to start a dispute, you can visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call 1-800-985-3059.
Blackwater Counseling is located on our historic campus in Lynchburg.
1903 HumanKindWay, Lynchburg, VA 24503
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact our Intake Specialist at (434) 846-1124 or email TCC@humankind.org.